Come visit the Grasslands!
Located off of Hoagerburgh Road between Bates and Long Lane in Wallkill, Ulster County New York. Look for the big brown Shawangunk Grasslands National Wildlife Refuge sign at the entrance. There is an estimated 4 miles of trails perfect for hiking, birding and photography.
This is a sensitive bird habitat for endangered and migrating species.
- Please abide by the 15mph speed limit when entering
- The refuge is open from dawn to dusk
- Amenities: Bathroom facility, Viewing platform, Gazebo and Bird Blinds ( Viewing Platform, Bathroom and Bird Blind closest to parking lot is wheelchair accessible )
- Carry in carry out
- No dogs allowed
- The use of drones is prohibited
- No bicycles, horses or ATV's
- Please stay on the trails at all times and do not harass the wildlife ( security cameras, community watch and police patrolling enforced )
Officers: Friends of Shawangunk Grasslands National Wildlife Refuge
Friends of Shawangunk Grasslands National Wildlife Refuge
PO Box 541
Wallkill, New York 12589